[Guest Author: The Bride]
I’m not quite sure what to think of this one:
Gays pray for CM at Bahucharaji
The reaction of most people (on my Facebook list) is:
1. They have fabricated this.
2. Ok, other news media have also covered it so maybe it’s true.
3. If it is true, then, hawww! How could they?
My questions are:
1. Is a right-wing gay person an oymoron?
2. Is their sexuality relevant at all? If heterosexual people prayed for Modi, there wouldn’t be a headline like: “Straight people pray for Modi”. BUT what makes this news is that fact that they are gay, and gay-ness is not seen as compatible with being right wing. OR maybe there’s some other news angle that I am missing here.
Then again, maybe I’m overthinking this.