Solaris Pictures & Bombay Dost in association with The Humsafar Trust presents KASHISH 2011
2nd MUMBAI INTERNATIONAL QUEER FILM FESTIVAL
120 Queer Films | 4 Days | 2 Venues
The Latest and the Best of Indian and International Queer Cinema
Venue: Cinemax, Versova , Infiniti Mall, Andheri West | 26th – 29th May, 2011
Alliance Francaise, Marine Lines | 26th -28th May, 2011
KASHISH FESTIVAL HIGHLIGHTS
KASHISH 2011 promises to be BIGGER, BOLDER & QUEERER. The second edition
will be held from May 26-29, 2011 at two venues in Mumbai.The opening ceremony
will be held on the 25th May 2011.
This year, the festival will showcase 120 films from 22 countries.
Five competitive categories:
- ·Best Narrative Feature
- ·Best Documentary Feature
- ·Best Documentary Short
- ·Best International Narrative Short
- ·Best Indian Narrative Short.
- ·A special ‘Riyad Wadia Award for Best Emerging Indian Filmmaker’
An eminent jury comprising of award winning filmmakers, actors and media professionals
will decide the winners of the above competitive categories.
This year ‘Country Focus’ will be on Israel with more than 8 films.
‘Spotlight on Filmmaker’ : US filmmaker Q. Allan Brocka and UK filmmaker Rikki Blair Beadle. Highlight of this year is the presence of these two renowned international filmmakers who will be coming to Mumbai to present their films and interact with the audience.
Special package of films on Anti-Bullying and Homophobia in schools followed by a panel discussion.
‘Parents of Queers’ evening of film screening and panel discussion. Sonali Gulati will be present to screen her film ‘I Am’ and speak at the panel discussion.
‘Red Ribbon’ package of features and shorts on HIV/AIDS.
‘Boys Shorts’, ‘Girls Shorts’ , ‘Trans Shorts’ and ‘Bi Shorts’ continues KASHISH’s mission of showcasing short films and short filmmakers.
Also ‘Indian Masala Mix’ : a great collection of Indian shorts films.
KASHISH 2011 – REGISTER TO ATTEND
Only persons ABOVE THE AGE OF 18 can register to attend the festival
Festival Entry is ONLY for pre-registered Delegates.
Registration is FREE OF COST.
A valid Photo ID and Proof of Age is to be carried for admission to all screenings.
To register you need to fill out the Delegate Registration Form and submit it to obtain a Delegate Pass.
Delegate Registration Forms are available for downloaded at
Delegate Registration Forms are available at
1. KASHISH Festival Office – Centre for Excellence & Research (CEFE), No.2, Riviera, 15th Road, Santacruz (W), Mumbai – 400 054 Contact Person: Gautam Yadav: +91 9930796749
2. Azaad Bazaar: 16th/33rd Road Bandra (West), Mumbai, Opp Mini Punjab , in the same lane as KFC , Mumbai, India; email: firstname.lastname@example.org , Phone: +91.9930212636
3. DKloset- Shop No 1, Villa Queenie, Plot No 369, 16th Road, opposite Hawain Shack, near Mini Punjab Restaurant, Bandra West, Mumbai: 400050, India. Phone:+91 9820319195
4.The Humsafar Trust -3rd Floor Manthan Plaza, Nehru Road , Vakola , Santacruz East, Mumbai – 400055, Phone: +91 2226673800;+91 2226650547
KASHISH 2011 ORGANIZERS
Kashish – Mumbai International Queer Film Festival is organized by Solaris Pictures and Bombay Dost in association with The Humsafar Trust. The festival is supported by Principal sponsor DKT along with associate sponsors, UNDP, UNAIDS and Movies That Matter (an initiative of Amnesty International).
KASHISH 2011 CONTACTS