“Dirty Talk 5.0 (Open Mic)”
An original evening of spoken word, poetry, & song
by and for our LGBTQ community
15th September 2013 (Sunday)
THE BARKING DEER BREWPUB
Featuring Performances By
NOTHING BUT THE BEST (DUH!)
As the bright and cheery poster declares, September 15th is the big date! We are crazy excited to see you all – Yes, YOU. ALL of you! So take out those iPhones, Androids, Crapberries and mark your calendars! Tattoo this date on your tushies if you have to because you cannot miss this. Start spreading the word amongst your friends and do what you will with their tushies …We fully support your excitement!
Every time we have hosted Gaysi’s Premier Open-Mic Event…*ahem*… Dirty Talk – our posters allude to current affairs affecting the Queer community. And at this moment in our lives, we think that of all the taboo dastardly issues that our society chooses to ignore, two top the list: RAPE & TRANSPHOBIA
In our convoluted Bharatiya culture, there is much stigma and shame attached to a victim of such crimes when in fact we should be working towards a stronger support system for them. The amount of courage, strength, and will power it takes to rise above makes them SURVIVORS. And…You know what?
There is nothing dirty about being one.
Those who survive and use their experience to help others and raise awareness are heroes. Our earlier 2 teaser posters for Dirty Talk 5.0 depict this sentiment with Gaysi’s heroes, allies and friends – Urmi & Harish.
While this is no doubt a serious topic, fret not for we will still have a joyous, giggle filled, queer evening. This time too, Dirty Talk is all about a bit of me, a bit of you, a bit of them and a bit of all of us. Besides the usual call-out for artists to showcase their masterpiece(s), we also have a fantastic line up of artists who graciously accepted our request to perform for us. And here’s a little peek-a-boo(b):
Ash Chandler’s Ministry of Schtick
Saba Azad & Imaad Shah
“Dirty Talk 5.0” is being hosted at The Barking Deer Brewpub on Sunday, September 15, 2013. For more details, have a look at the poster – print it, share it, wrap your vada pav with it …but whatever you do – Be there! As always, part of the proceeds from the entry fee will go to charity – Queer Azadi Mumbai (QAM).
So if you’re looking to have a bit of fun and do your bit of good for the community, come with! More Deets below.
* Entry fee: Pre-Buying of entry passes ONLY between 1-5th September – Rs. 250 & At the Door – Rs. 350.
– For Pre-Buying – Send us a RSVP email with the following details; Name//Contact number//No. Of Passes required.
* Part of the proceeds will be donated to QAM for Mumbai Pride Week 2014
* Happy Hour (5.00PM-6.30PM):
– Buy Two Get One Free on all Alcohol.
– 15% Discount on Food (all evening)
– Right of admissions reserved.
– No illegal substances are allowed to be carried in or used at the venue. Violators will be asked to leave.
– You must be 21 & above to attend. Please bring ID’s and drink permits.