Follow up from here.
WHAT TO SUBMIT
1. Only original and unpublished work will be considered.
2. We are looking for fiction, non-fiction, essays, poetry, illustrations, photo essays, art, graphic stories, scribbles, notes, quotes, scripts, and memoirs around the theme – Desire.
3. We tend to favor personal writing, but we’re also looking for provocative pieces on political and cultural issues.
4. Maximum word limit is 4000 words; there’s no minimum length.
5. To help us gauge more closely, we suggest you send in an abstract of the article that you are proposing. It should include a thorough outline that introduces your piece proposal and highlights each of the points you intend to make. Your abstract should discuss how the article will benefit our readers, and why the topic is appropriate for the theme.
6. For all visual submissions, please send in the below details.
a. Title of piece – (type title here)
b. Nature of piece – (graphic narrative, photo-illustration, photo series, collage etc.)
c. Brief overview – (a summary on the concept and what the piece aims to achieve)
d. Piece breakdown – (in order to gauge how the concept will be expressed, please provide a few details such as the sequence of panels, or quick key points that it’ll cover.)
e. Colour – (B&W/4-colour etc.)
f. A little about yourself – (A brief bio, along with SM links)
7. All visual content to be designed to a 22cm W X 27.7cm H canvas, either flushed to edge or with a 1cm border from the edge, depending on preference.
8. All visuals to be provided with a 5mm bleed beyond the original canvas size, on all sides. We’d also recommend a leeway of 1.5 cm on either width side of the canvas, in case we need to use it for the spine sink, so that the original visual remains undisturbed.
9. For photo essays and photographic series, it will be laid out by us in the zine and then shared with the respective author for finalisation.
10. All visual content to have a minimum resolution of 300 DPI, submitted in any of the following formats – .AI / .PSD /. TIFF / high-resolution editable print PDF. No Jpegs, PNGs, EPS or CorelDraw files.
11. Any content that is even mildly offensive or in any form derogatory to the LGBTQIA+ community will not be considered.
12. Due to the volume of queries and submissions normally received, do allow us 2 weeks to respond from the date of receipt.
PAYMENT AND GENERAL TERMS
13. The copyright of the work will lie with you and you can republish the work once the zine is released in December 2016.
14. We offer reimbursements to all the contributors.
15. Contributor copies are sent to writers and artists whose work appears in that issue.
Proposals should be submitted to gaysifamily[at]gmail.com with the subject line ‘The Gaysi Zine Issue 05’. We thank everyone for their interest in The Gaysi Zine.