On Friday October 28th, 2011 Trikone launched their “It Gets Better” video in San Francisco.
It Gets Better
- Created September 2010, syndicated columnist and author Dan Savage created a YouTube video with his partner Terry to inspire hope for young people facing harassment
- To show young LGBT people the levels of happiness, potential, and positivity their lives will reach – if they can just get through their teen years.
- To remind teenagers in the LGBT community that they are not alone — and it WILL get better.
- Young people face daily tormenting and bullying, leading them to feel like they have nowhere to turn particularly for LGBT kids and teens, who often hide their sexuality for fear of bullying.
- BE A FIGUREHEAD, LEADER OR MENTOR! Without other openly gay adults and mentors in their lives, they can’t imagine what their future may hold.