Delhi Queer Pride is five this year! We invite members and supporters of the queer community — all of you — to celebrate our diversity and stand in solidarity with all those who face persecution and violence because of their gender or sexual identity this Sunday, 25th November. Given that Pride has also always been about our lives and struggles, we turn our attention to something that oppresses us all – the strait-jacket of gender. Let’s open out the possibilities with our theme – Genders.
Your presence is your support — so see you all there! Come to the corner of Barakhamba Road and Tolstoy Marg, (nearest metro is Barakhamba Road) and let’s paint Delhi in rainbow colours as we march to Jantar Mantar. This year, we will end the march with a picnic! Join us for good food, gubbaras and games as we watch the sun go down on another day in queer life in Delhi.
Assemble at 11.30 am, march starts at 12 noon.
Jantar Mantar programme at 3 pm.
Picnic at 4 pm
We are using the funds raised to buy material that will be given away at the march — masks, badges, small rainbow flags, rainbow scarves (yes they are back!) and leaflets! So come by 11.30 am on the day of the march and collect what you want.
Things to remember:
– Carry a bottle of water with you.
– Please do not the litter the place with masks, parchis, water bottles etc.
– Bring lots of queer placards and slogans — but no organizational banners or logos please!.
– Floats of any kind are not allowed and neither is distribution of any material by groups
– In case you don’t wish to take placards, masks, flags etc with you after the march, please leave them on the stage at Jantar Mantar.