QueerCampus India invites you to its bi-weekly public meeting at Yodakin Bookstore.
Date : 23rd October, 2010
Time : 3PM to 5PM
Venue : Yodakin, 2 Hauz Khas Village, Hauz Khas, New Delhi
Join us for a discussion on ‘coming out’! Share your understanding of this term, your experience of being ‘out’ or bring along any relevant material in form of passages/poems/articles etc. that can offer a perspective on ‘coming out’. For a start, we can address the following questions-
1. What does coming out mean?
2. When does one come out? Or how do we know when the time is right?
3. To whom does one come out?
4. How should one prepare oneself and others for coming out?
5. Individual coming out experiences. everyone can discuss how they did it, or how they want to do it, or why they haven’t done it yet.
6. Some coming out ‘tips’, especially for youth. You can also share links to any online resource or website that may be of help.
We hope that this discussion will serve as a way to document some general ideas on ‘coming out’ which may belong to the entire spectrum of queer individuals of various age groups. We also hope that it helps us to address this issue from a youth-centric perspective, so that it can form a basis for student-interactions and campus visits that QCI plans to hold in future.