Qlick : Yaariyan International Queer Photography Competition

“You don’t make a photograph just with a camera. You bring to the act of photography all the pictures you have seen, the books you have read, the music you have heard, the people you have loved.” ? Ansel Adams

To all those Shutterbugs and flashers out there, this is your moment to showcase your talent and capture the vision. We give you a platform to take your creations to heights they never reached, to a crowd which savors it.

Yaariyan brings to you all, their first ever Photography Contest – Qlick

What we are looking for : Striking images which highlight the Queer culture, passion, symbolism, uniqueness and diversity. Pictures must conform to the theme. A small write-up, of not more than 100 words, explaining the concept behind the picture would be a plus.

Themes : Queer, Anything that depicts the spectrum of the LGBTIQ population.

a) The contest opens on 01-09-2012 and closes on 30-09-2012.
b) Online voting: 01-10-2012 to 07-10-2012
c) Final Result declaration: 10-10-2012.

How to Enter: You can send your entries to the mail id: Yaariyan.Qlick@gmail.com

Eligibility and criteria
1. Participants Should be over 18 years of age.
2. Resolution of pics should be a minimum of 5 Mega Pixels and should have been clicked by you.
3. Online voting would be conducted for the shortlisted 15 pictures for a span of one week. This would be given a weightage of 40% A panel of expert judges would judge the images amounting to the rest 60% of weightage. Images will be judged on originality, technical excellence, composition, overall impact and artistic merit. the decision of Yaariyan Core group would be final.

The Prizes : Will be declared during voting period, but trust us, we’ve got a lot of goodies to give out apart from certificates.

Rules and regulations:
1. A maximum of 5 entries per photographer.
2. An entry can be made as an individual or a group.
3. Photos that have been digitally altered beyond standard optimization (removal of dust, cropping, reasonable adjustments to exposure, color and contrast, etc.) will be disqualified. Multiple exposures that have been combined to produce a single “High Dynamic Range” image are acceptable. Images that do not meet these requirements may or may not be judged at the judging panel’s sole discretion.
4. Once shortlisted, the participant must send the high resolution, failing which the entry would be disqualified.
5. the contest is not restricted to the LGBT community, non_LGBT community may also apply as long as they adhere to the theme.
6.Submissions may be watermarked if desired, but the watermark should be inconspicuous enough to not interfere with the judging of the photo. A watermarked photo might not be honored by the competition (at the judges sole discretion) if the photographer is unable or unavailable to provide a pristine, watermark-free version of the image when asked.
7. If your photograph is formally honored by the competition as an honorable mention, finalist, runner up or grand prize winner, you grant Yaariyan and in Extension ‘The Humsafar Trust’ a royalty-free, nonexclusive right, in perpetuity, to:
Use the photograph on the Internet in support of our mission.
Use the photograph in LGBT rights non-commercial communications.
Provide your photograph to other individuals and organizations for non-commercial use, LGBT-related use in news stories, newsletters, reports, slide shows, displays, web pages, and the like.
Use, in connection with the Photo Contest, your name, city, state and country of residence in promotions and other publications.
Keep the files provided, and to archive the images on CD or in other electronic forms, so that your photos can be used to support our mission and be properly credited.

This Contest is open every single person on the face of this planet armed with a camera so spread the word and invite everyone to this event page to participate.

This story was about:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Broom Editor

We hate spam as much as you. Enter your email address here.