Queer ink announces a special Queer Azaadi Mumbai production..
Voices of Pride 2011
an original evening of spoken word, poetry, & song
by and for by our LGBTQI community
28 January 2011
At Coppergate, next to Candies, Pali Hill
Do you have a sexy story, a hilarious comedy routine, a proudly pink poem, or a superqueer love song to share with your community? Queer Ink is excited to launch its open mic series for 2011 with a special Queer Azaadi Mumbai event. Everyone is encouraged to submit work and share your voice.
• Please submit 5-7 minutes of your own work (see below, How to Submit, for details).
• Performers should self-identify as LGBTI/queer or, if heterosexual, plan to share work that has substantial queer content.
• Work should be in English or Hindi or, if in another language, include an English or Hindi translation component.
• In limited circumstances, performance of someone else’s writing/music may be undertaken with permission of the original artist; please query.
• A microphone will be available. Sorry, we cannot accommodate requests for other audiovisual equipment. If you will be bringing your own equipment/props or if your performance requires setup time, we would be glad to try to work with you; please let us know with your submission.
• No restrictions on genres (poetry, theatre, stories, songs, etc.). However, performers should have rehearsed prior to the event, to ensure a quality show. Time limits will be adhered to strictly.
• Works containing homophobia, racism, sexism, classism, and personal attacks will be disqualified.
• This is a curated performance event. All performers MUST submit their work in advance to assure allocated timeslot for performance.
If you are interested in performing or have a question, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org NO LATER THAN January 21st. Selected performers will be notified by Jan 24th. Qi and QAM are committed to an inclusive process and will strive to include all performers whose work meet the deadline and follow the guidelines below.
If you would like to volunteer to help organize or assist at the event itself, please email email@example.com.